The term Cap-à-pie’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. Content and prices are subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties that we may use, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any personal injury that may occur from the use of our products.
- By law you must now be 18 or over to purchase a knife/sword or similar type of weapon, for example our Warhammers. We age verify all orders not placed with Visa or Mastercard so please make our lives a little easier and fill in all the forms on the checkout page, especially the contact numbers section as we will inevitably need to call some customers to assist with verifying age of the purchaser where other methods have failed (electoral role, credit hitory, card type/details etc.). We would also hope you will act responsibly with your new purchase and it is a condition of purchase that you will NEVER CARRY IT IN A PUBLIC PLACE. By purchasing from this site you are commiting yourself to our terms and conditions.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We may from time to time change the terms and conditions that govern your use of our site. Your use of the site following any change will constitute your acceptance of the new terms and conditions. We may change, move, delete or add to our site at any time.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Cap-à-pie takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Payment -Cash or Personal Cheque with Bankers Card, all major Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment. Goods will not be despatched until full payment has been received. All goods remain the property of the Cap-à-pie until paid for in full.
- Returned cheques will incur a £6 charge to cover banking fees and administrative costs. In an instance of a second Returned cheque, we reserve the right to terminate the arrangement and, if agreed to, we shall insist on future cash transactions only. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
- Unused products may be returned within 7 days for a refund excluding original postage costs and must be returned in the original packaging
- No refunds will be given for the cost of postage and packing for the return of any goods.
- To return an item, please select the Returns option and fill in the details.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price of the items, unless otherwise specfied. All items ordered are shipped using the best method available for your location. Delivery charges are based on a combination of weight, packaging and location. Most items under 2kg will be shipped via Royal Mail, items over 2kg will generally be sent via FedEx. Where a price is not available for delivery, please contact email@example.com for further details.
- All products will be delivered to the address that you indicate on the “Check Out" page. Risk of damage to or loss of the products shall pass to you at the time of delivery even if the products have not been received by you in person. All items will require a signature and it is the responsibility of the customer to make all necessary arrangements to take delivery of the goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- The buyer must inspect the package and contents upon delivery to satisfy themselves that all items are present and have no physical defects prior to accepting delivery. No claims for damage in transit or items not being delivered will be accepted after the delivery docket has been signed. It is the buyers responsibility to check that all items are delivered in correct order.
- During the normal course of business we will aim to have all items delivered within a 7 day timeframe. However, please note in busier peak periods such as mid summer (Late July through to August) and at Christmas (December) this turnaround time may increase – please allow up to 30 days for delivery.
- If your order is time critical please contact by telephone to see if it is possible to make special arrangement. If you have not received your goods within 30 days of placing the order please contact us.
- If goods are out of stock or there is any other reason why the delivery will be delayed, you will be contacted to either accept a refund, alternative product or to discuss an alternative delivery time. Payment for goods by cheque & postal order will not be dispatched until all funds are cleared through our bank.
- Please ensure you use a valid and current e-mail address when ordering, as you will receive all confirmation and reference numbers relating to your purchase by e-mail. Retain these details until your order has been delivered and please quote these details in any correspondence to us regarding your order.
- The customer shall satisfy him/herself that the goods purchased are fit for the purpose for which they are to be used,
- Cap-à-pie, its owners or staff, makes no warranty or condition in that regard.
- Maille items contain literally hundreds of small rivets and rings, whilst every effort is made to ensure that each rivet and ring is fully secure, we cannot guarantee an absolutely fault free process. In purchasing Maille goods, the customer accepts the possibility of these slight imperfections. One or two missing rings or rivets does not constitute a fault in the item.
- It is also likely that during the wear of maille items, one or two rings or rivets may become loose, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure maintenance is undertaken in a timely manner. Continuing to wear maille without repairing these rings or rivets could cause damage to the item for which Cap-à-pie, its owners or staff, cannot be held responsible.
- As the Maille items are made from Mild Steel, all our items are supplied with a coating of oil, this means that some cleaning maybe required before use. The cleaning is the responsibility of the customer and not Cap-à-pie, its owners or staff.
- Please also ensure that the items ordered are of the correct size for its intended use and that you allow extra for your own comfort level. Cap-à-pie, its owners and staff cannot be held responsible for incorrect measurements given.
- All shirts are ordered on the basis of the armpit to armpit measurements only. These figures are guaranteed and the item will be that size when the links are fully stretched in the direction of measurement (when laid flat and taken from armpit to armpit and measured externally with all links in line) Estimated length measurements where given are for guidelines only and are taken when the item is fully stretched in a vertical direction. Due to the three dimensional nature of the human form, garments worn and individual physique, a length when worn cannot therefore be guaranteed and items should not be ordered on the basis of this measurement. A similar approach in measurement is made for other items.
As an example — a shirt which measures on full stretch, 60” from armpit to armpit WILL NOT FIT someone with a 60” chest. If in doubt have someone hold a tape measure or loop of cord at the size given, either 48"(121cm), 54"(137cm) 60"(152cm) or 66"(167cm). Then with your normal padding on, see which "loop" you can easily slip over your arms and shoulders. This method provides a more accurate method than using chest sizes, as it allows for people with broad shoulders.
- If in doubt, please contact us for further advice.